French toast casserole can be so easy and fast to prepare for a family breakfast.
I love making this recipe for weekends. This could easily become one of your favorite weekend breakfast recipes. Spending as much time with my family, is the most important thing for me. So, spending all my time in the kitchen on the weekend is not an option. I will make this on Friday to eat on Saturday morning. All I have to do, is place it in the oven for an hour and we are all ready to eat.
Whether you want to make your breakfast ahead of time, save time in the kitchen later, or don’t feel like making a big breakfast the next day but still wanting it to taste amazing, try this recipe.
You can also add some favorite toppings like strawberries, bananas, blueberries, apples, or nuts; and with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Michelle Sevy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com .This post contains affiliate links. Also see our Disclosure Policy.
Maple Brown Sugar French Toast Casserole
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F, if baking right away.
- Cut up bread pieces into 1 inch pieces and place in an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla, and salt; until mixed well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over bread pieces in baking dish.
- Place a foil over baking dish. Either place in the refrigerator overnight or bake right away.
- Bake for 30 minutes with foil on and then bake another 20 to 30 minutes uncovered.
Makes 4 servings. Prep time: 5 minutes. Cooking Time: 1 hour
Double recipe to feed 8 and fit in a 9×13 casserole dish.
Adding fresh fruits or fried apples also taste amazing on top of this easy French Toast recipe
If you are wanting to see more recipes like this, make sure to subscribe so they can be sent straight to your inbox. Also see, The Best Tasting Protein Crepes for another great breakfast recipe with a little extra protein.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin